Dr. Jennifer Trueblood is Associate Professor of psychology at Vanderbilt University. She is interested in understanding (1) how people make decisions when faced with multiple alternatives, (2) how dynamically changing information affects decision processes, (3) how people reason about complex causal events, and (4) how different perspectives, contexts, and frames can lead to interference effects in decision-making and memory. To address these questions, she develops probabilistic and dynamic models that can explain behavior and uses hierarchical Bayesian methods for data analysis and model-based inference. She is a past president of the Society for Mathematical Psychology and currently helps co-organize the Women of Mathematical Psychology group. CV
Eeshan Hasan (Graduate Student) is a first-year graduate student in the Cognition and Cognitive Neuroscience Ph.D. program. He has a background in mathematics, statistics and machine learning. He is interested in understanding cognitive mechanisms for decision making by modeling learning, inference, and generalization. He is also particularly interested in Bayesian models of the mind.
Adam Ramsey (Graduate Student) is a first-year graduate student in the Cognition and Cognitive Neuroscience Ph.D. program. He completed his undergraduate education at Baldwin Wallace University in Berea, Ohio where he worked with Dr. Patrick Ledwidge to investigate cell phone distraction during multitasking. His current research interests include examining the decision-making process(es) involved in believing and/or acting upon scientific information.
Catherine Kim (Research Assistant) is a fifth-year undergraduate student with majors in Applied Math and English (Creative Writing) and minors in Philosophy and Computer Science. She expects to graduate in December, 2019. She hopes to pursue a PhD degree in Cognitive Science some point in the future.
Graduate Students and Postdocs
- Kyndra Cleveland, Academic Pathways Postdoctoral Fellow 2017-2019
- Nathan Evans (postdoc at University of Amsterdam), postdoctoral fellow 2017-2018
- Lisa Guo (Naval Information Warfare Center), Ph.D. 2017 at UCI
- Percy Mistry (postdoc at Stanford), Ph.D. 2018 at UCI
- James Yearsley (Lecturer in Psychology at City University London), postdoctoral fellow 2015-2017
- Siyuan Yin (Ph.D. student at Wharton), M.S. 2017
- Aneesha Dasari
- Lin Fei (Ph.D. student at University of Chicago, Booth School of Business)
- Grace Huang
- Kevin Jin
- Paul Kim
- Andrea Liberman (Associate Consultant at Bain & Company)
- Payton O’Daniels (Implementation Consultant at Fast Enterprises, LLC)
- Jared Ohlund
- Megan Woodruff (Technical Product Manager at Intentional Futures)
- Mingqian Wu
- Daier Yun